Silicon Valley Down Syndrome Network Membership

What did you do for World Down Syndrome Day? by Posse Mom

20 Mar 2013 1:49 PM | Anonymous

Last year World DS Day kinda caught us unprepared to do anything big as a group. This year we provided buttons for folks to wear and share, but some members took it upon themselves to go a step further; to think GLOBALLY and act LOCALLY.

This was our first time celebrating as my baby Gracie was just born in December. Since she is not in school yet, our whole family dressed in blue and yellow. My older two daughters and I painted our nails blue and yellow too! When people asked my daughters about their nails, they took the opportunity to tell them that it was World Down Syndrome Day. They also told them about Gracie and what Down Syndrome is.

This was our first time celebrating as my baby Gracie was just born in December. Since she is not in school yet, our whole family dressed in blue and yellow. My older two daughters and I painted our nails blue and yellow too! When people asked my daughters about their nails, they took the opportunity to tell them that it was World Down Syndrome Day. They also told them about Gracie and what Down Syndrome is.

Felicie, baby sister, mom and ST on World Down Syndrome Day
Felicie, baby sister, mom and ST on World Down Syndrome Day

Circle of Friends join around their friend with Down Syndrome at Buchser Middle School to recognize World Down syndrome day.

Penny sportin’ her Buddy Walk shirt

Silicon Valley Down Syndrome Network

SVDSN is a program of Valley Medical Center Foundation who is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization

2400 Clove Drive, San Jose CA 95128